Friday, November 28, 2008

the Lord gone done it again!!!

The Lord gone done it again!!!
November 28, 2008

Living in the Philippines comes with so many challenges. If anything battles are being fought on a day-to-day basis. So days I feel like the victor while they’re days that I feel like the looser. And I know that these little skirmishes are nothing to the final battle where the LORD will take me upon His arms and say well done my good and fellow servant, well done. So I try to focus on the days that the Lord pulled me out into victory instead of the days that I stayed in defeat. But I have also come to the understanding that there will be days that I will be sad. Today was a scheduled day.

Today in the United States, families are gathering far and wide to celebrate the day of Thanksgiving. It’s a beautiful holiday, and fitting as well. The United States in its hustle and bustle world actually takes the time out of the year to say Thank You. Also this marks the beginning of the Holiday Season. In fact the Friday after Thanksgiving is known in the retail business as “BLACK FRIDAY” Hundreds of thousands of millions of people are going to be pouring into the malls and stores to start the Christmas shopping. This day has already been linked forever with Thanksgiving. But no matter how great I think the holiday is the rest of the world doesn’t share that same holiday. So now I am here alone in this foreign country with no one to celebrate thanksgiving with.

So I scheduled a day of treating one self. On the 27th I decided to go to a spa and use their sauna facility as well as get a massage. Then I decided to get some lunch at this one Pho’ place. I wanted something hot and warm and yet not to heavy and what better than Pho’ itself. Unfortunately this wasn’t that good so a little disappointing. Then I saw a movie called TWILIGHT more than later. But I was so impressed with the story that I wanted to go and buy the book but sadly there was no more in stock in the Philippines.

Then this morning I get a text message from AMPY and that she was going to the mall of Asia to have lunch. I thought perfect since we didn’t see each other for over a year now, and she was one of Rosewood’s youth members that we could finally see each other to catch up. So just when I thought that I wouldn’t find anyone to celebrate Thanksgiving with me, the Lord up and provided again. Even though it shouldn’t surprise me that the Lord is awesome in every possible way, I still find that I am in awe in how much He loves me. I mean to be able to hang out with AMPY out of nowhere. Praise God for everything.

The next highlight of the day is when I went to ROB. I was standing in line for the taxi so I can go to Central for the CI meeting at 6 PM. When it was my turn to get into a cab this old lady tried to jack the cab from me. Well I respectfully told her that there was a line and that she was not only cheating me but all the other people who patiently waited for a cab. Then she told me to shut up. Well she picked the wrong Filipino to say that too. For I told her, NO I WON’T SHUT. Sino ka ba? Then she started to walk away from me. So I told her, you think you are so special? You think you are above waiting in line just like everyone else? And you think just because you are older I won’t answer back to you? Well DUMBASS your NOTHING. Then she started to come back to me with that look like she wanted to try something. And even though she’s an old woman, I rose to the occasion. So I said, WHAT, you want some of this. Bring it. Go ahead let see what you got. I think at that point the lady realized that she would have gotten her ass kicked and would have crawled back into the end of the line in shame. It’s funny for the other lady that was with her tried to hold me back but one good look at her and she backed off. And I stared down that lady again. Good thing the security guard was there to try and hold me back. I must admit although I would have wished that it wouldn’t have gotten to that level. I was feeling short changed. If anything this shows me that there is a lot of anger in my heart and that lady just woke a sleeping dragon. But what can I say, there are a lot of things, a lot of idiosyncrasies here in the Philippines that drives me crazy, such as just because they are older they think they can get a way with murder. Oh btw when I am saying this was an old lady, she wasn’t like 1000 years old, but more like her mid 40’s.

So that was my day, what’s next…

No comments: