Friday, March 1, 2013

Into Thy Hands... I lift him up - Goodbye Dr. De Lara

Into thy hands I lift him up 
by: Francis Thomas B. Serrano

He was my teacher
Educated me in compassion
Encouraged me in achieving
Empowered me to never give up

He was my friend
Stood up for me when no one else would
Prayed for me, when times looked at its bleakest
Talked to me when I need to listen
and listened to me when I needed to be heard

He IS my friend
For he showed me what a real Christian Man is
And loved me like a son when I was just a stranger
and now he prepares a place for me
for when we see each other again.

Goodbye Dr. Greg De Lara, thanks for believing...





4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute ... my condolences.

Unknown said...

Very touching and moving.

Fitzgerald Reist, Secretary of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church said...

I have worked with Greg in my role as secretary of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church. He was a valued member of the Commission on the General Conference and contributed to the worldwide ministry of the church. He will be missed.
May his memory be forever a blessing.