Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turtle style

So today's class I find myself developing more and more as an escrimador. Today we worked on the ABC blade technique. When my students asked why are we using the full stick when a knife is a lot shorter than that. I said well if you can clear a 24" stick while acting like it's a blade the how much more easier it is when it's a 4" knife? Which makes so much freekin sense that it made me wonder hmm did I always know that or was it something I did during my days as a student and never really understood why. I am so happy with my student's progress that I remember how they use to twirl now I am very proud to see the excell.

Then I wanted to re-emphasize the kawi hand. Cause I truly believe that the stick hand kills your enemy but it's your kawit hand is what will save your life.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: