Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008 WEKAF Championship a Photo Journal

Hi Guys... Just wanted to share some of the pictures from the event. I also wrote an article about the tournament if you are interested in reading it. ENJOY!!!


A break from the everyday grind of the tournament. While visiting a friend in Cebu, we drove past this old church and I knew that I had to take a picture of this. I look at this old and I see how old the Philippines truly is, and even though we have just gotten our independance less than a century ago, we do have an old culture.



My friend the gentle warrior, Pat will greet you with a smile and a hug but don’t cross him. I’m proud to call him my friend, and am better to have finally met him.


Henry has always been a talented fighter and performer. Definately a double threat. In his devission he had over 10 people vying for the spot of champion and though there were many, their really was no contest. You can see it in Henry’s eyes, so focused and determined to win. And you can also see it from Team Australia and Team Canada.

Alexis: She is such a beautiful young woman, it amazes me how each time I see her, her skills continues to grow. What also amazing is how dedicated her family is to their children's sport. Now she is at the 2008 WEKAF World Championships.


In spite of all the hardships this family has endured, they still take some time to have a little bit of fun. What can I say about this family except that I love them and am glad I got adopted by them.



Wendy is such a capable warrior. True embodiment of grace and beuty while carrying a big stick. I am proud that she represented the United States.






I hope you all like it... Oh and all photos are the sole property of FRANCIS T.B. SERRANO any duplication for any purpose is strictly prohibited.

No comments: