Sunday, June 29, 2008

PJ Mansion

PJ Mansion
June 29, 2008

I know it has been a while since my last post but not much has changed. But that’s not actually true. Now that I reflect on my life, a lot has changed.

I made a new friend named Joemar Obejas. A fellow eskrimador who I met through a distant brother of Doce Pares from Norway, a nice enough fellow with an old soul feeling. Although my friendship with him did stir up some family drama, I let him sleep over without anyone’s permission. But my reasoning is it was late and it was raining hard. I couldn’t let the guy walk home that late in a middle of a storm. It was my call and I knew that it might ruffle some feathers but I still maintain I did the right thing. But I knew that he was a decent guy, I could just tell. But what’s cool he sold me iPod touch for only 7k. It don’t get cheaper than that. But he has also taken the time to orient me to my new surroundings. And train with me and show me some Rapido Realismo Kali. I am actually planning on going to CEBU with him this July.

Last weekend there was a typhoon and a ferry was overturned and over 800 people are reported dead and or missing. It brought havoc to the region, and not to sound petty, I couldn’t access my bank account. So for two days Royd and I were hungry and couldn’t get any money. I had to save the money I have for my new place.

Speaking of a new place, I now moved into my new “temporary” digs. The place is perfect except that I can’t keep it. This is the ladies floor, and this is only a temp place until I move to my permanent room. I started growing into the place, as well as I love the closet. The room was set up for four occupants, thus four closets. Oh well, but the noise, oh my. The place is on TAFT avenue and even as I write this at 11:47 PM it is still noisy and traffic. I was hoping as the night goes on it would calm down a bit, but not. Still loud as ever, I kind of feel like I moved into a cheap ass apartment in New York, wait, I sort of did. I mean there literally is a train next to us on what might be the busiest road in all of manila and also one of the smallest. Thus it pleases me to know that I am moving somewhere on the 6th floor instead of living here on the 3rd. Marlisa the girl that works here was so worried since things kinda got screwed up. But alas all is well. I even found a lady to do my laundry for 300 a month. Not bad.

So as I go to school tomorrow as I cross the street, my new life begins. Till next time, what’s next?

No comments: